Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beef, it's what's for food

On Wednesday, the cafeteria did us the great honor of providing country fried steak and mashed potatoes, so I did my part by eating it:


The potatoes were fairly weak, flavor wise, but had great texture, the steak was good, but the breading was a bit tough to get through. The gravy was its usually great self.

For dinner, I was having an honest to <deity> Arby's craving, not just a "Well, it's usually good and it's not too expensive and it's so CLOSE to home" settle for Arby's craving. After the good and filling lunch, but really wanting the food, I settled on a medium combo:

This meal brought to you by Weyland-Yutani Corp.

The sandwich was everything I'd hoping it would be. The potato cakes were great. A meal that lived up to the craving is a wonderful (and rare) thing of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment