Thursday, August 9, 2012

Outback

On Saturday, the 28th, I met my friend John for a dinner at Outback Steakhouse. It had been a while since I had been there, and I was fairly hungry, so I went with an appetizer (plus I wanted John to try it):


This is the seared ahi tuna appetizer. I was introduced to this by my friend Whitney, and I've loved it ever since trying it. The orange sauce is a bit sweeter than the green one, but they're both good. The orange one is outstanding with their steaks, imo. John also enjoyed it, which (pleasantly) surprised me.

I went with a salad with Italian dressing (they didn't have their outstanding potato soup, as usual) for the next course. It was ok for a salad.


For the main course, I had their 6 oz filet mignon with some grilled scallops. Unfortunately, I somehow forgot to take a picture of it, or it got ate by the phone, not sure which. The steak was outstanding. It had a great flavor, was cooked just right and exceedingly tender. The scallops were very good as well, being tender and flavorful. For the side dish, I went with their garlic mashed potatoes instead of a baked potato. I've had bad luck with their baked potatoes in the past, so the garlic mashed are a much safer bet, imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment