Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sweet Pepper's Deli

On Friday, the 3rd, I went to see the Total Recall remake. It was pretty good, but as usual for my movie going, I had a corn dog and a frozen coke for lunch. No pic, too many people to potentially annoy with a flash picture in the auditorium. The corn dog was pretty good, flavor wise, but it looked pretty bad. Not the best cooking job on it. The frozen coke was merely ok, it didn't have enough syrup in the mix, kind of bland.

For dinner, I met with the gang to try out Sweet Pepper's Deli in Olive Branch. It's kind of like McAlister's, but I liked it a lot better. I went with their Blitz sandwich, minus cheese, a cup of potato soup and a chocolate chunk cookie:


This is the regular size sandwich (on white) that you could also get in a large. They either nuke or steam it, either way the bread is warm and the meat (beef, turkey and ham) was hot and moist and extremely tasty. The soup had a good flavor, it was a little light on potato chunks, but the ones in there were well cooked and the bacon pieces were tasty. The cookie was pretty good, I probably won't get it again, but not because it was a disappointment. If you're a cookie fan, you'll definitely like them, I'd think.

No comments:

Post a Comment