Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Blue Plate Cafe

I had been having a pancake craving for a while. So, on Wedneday (7/18), I decided to indulge that craving by going to the Blue Plate Cafe. It had been a while since I've been there. We used to go fairly regularly at lunch, when we were just down the street from it, but since we moved to our new office last year, we've not been back.

I went with the 2 eggs and country ham platter. Their breakfast entrees come with biscuits and gravy and your choice of hashbrowns, grits or 3 pancakes.


The biscuits were just ok, and the gravy was VERY thin. But even though it was super thin, it did have a good flavor, which is really odd. This is the worst it's ever been in my many visits, and I attribute it to the odd time I hit.

As for my other side, I of course went with the pancakes:


The pancakes were good, flavor wise, but they were a little tough on the surface. Once you got them cut, they were fine. The ham had a really great flavor, but was fairly tough and dried out, more so than usual for country ham. The eggs were good.

This was easily the worst I've ever had at this restaurant, but I don't want it to sound like it was horrible. It was merely ok to fine. And if a bad experience is actually just an ok one, I'm fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment