Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Chicken Experiment

Back in high school, I remember that they would have, every so often, a dish that perplexed the heck out of me: Oven Fried Chicken. I decided to try this concoction out for myself. I have no idea if how I went about it was how they did, nor do I really care.

I took two chicken breasts and gave them a thorough dunking / marinating in a seasoned milk dip, then breaded them in a seasoned flour mixture (sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, all purpose seasoning and a dash of sage):


Then I tossed them into the oven at 475 degrees for about 20 minutes, then at ... either 325 or 350 (don't remember which now) for an hour. This is how they looked coming out:


Not too bad, I teamed them up with some instant potatoes and some of the (spoiler alert) blandest English peas I've ever had:


The skin of the chicken had a great flavor, it worked its way into the meat just ok, but it was very juicy. The potatoes were pretty good (considering I was out of salt) and the English peas sucked. They had no flavor at all, but I ate them anyway. The chicken was so good, I went back and finished the second breast after the first one, but I didn't finish the potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment