Monday, July 9, 2012

A pattern emerges

Sunday after church, I stopped by the parents' house with the intent of taking (at least) Mom to see Spider-man. She wasn't there, so Sis and I went to get some lunch before catching the movie. We went to Chili's where I had the "Chicken Crispers" which is their battered chicken tenders. They come with a corn on the cob and another side, which I chose mashed potatoes and gravy (big surprise). The corn was ok, not as good as it usually is (needed more butter), but it was cooked very well and was surprisingly juicy (at one point as I took a bite a gout of juice shot across the table. The chicken was ok, a couple of the pieces were very well battered and cooked, but some of it was barely battered therefore almost over cooked. The potatoes were surprisingly good considering, and the gravy was merely ok. As you've probably gathered, I forgot to get a picture of it.

I had a kind of late dinner, and since it was running later in the evening, I decided to go with the somewhat quick (but very easy) fried rice. This one I did all myself, and managed to not screw it up too bad:


It could've used a bit more soy sauce or garlic, as I didn't have any salt (still) to add to it. Overall, though, it was good, especially considering I thought I over watered it in the rice cooker portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment