Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friday Feast

For lunch on Friday, I ate at the movie theater before watching Prometheus. I went with my usual of a corn dog and a frozen coke. The corn dog was about as cooked as you could get before hitting over cooked. It wasn't bad, but it was a hair past really good. The breading was well done and the dog was just past pleasantly tough. I don't want it to sound like it was bad, but I think I've been a bit lax on my descriptions in the last few posts. This was a good corn dog, just not as good as they have been in the past. The frozen coke was very good, however. A nice mix, not too icy and not too syrupy.


For dinner, my sister wanted to go to Cracker Barrel, so that's where we went. I went with my usual, CFC. But, as you'll see in the picture, I hit up the corn instead of the dumplings.


I'd love to say I was trying to be healthier, but that'd be a lie. They were out of dumplings.

I KNOW, Tab. Travesty of the highest order.

My okra was very good, not the best I've had there, but better than usual. Meaning it was fairly crunchy, and not too ... gooey inside. I personally love my okra very crunchy, so this was a plus. The corn was nice and buttery, very plump kernels. Juicy and pleasantly salty. The mashed potatoes were really good for the old Crack House. I prefer mine more creamed than mashed, and they usually go more mashed than creamed. The gravy was good. The chicken itself was very flavorful and juicy, the breading not too thick or overcooked. The biscuits were good. A nice thickness and held the butter well.

No comments:

Post a Comment