Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hearty Monday

Monday, the cafeteria had their "Texas Pot Roast" for lunch. I decided to give it a shot, as I was fairly hungry after my light Sunday eating:


I discovered fairly quickly what made it a "Texas" pot roast ... one of the things it was cooked in was jalapenos. Luckily, it wasn't too overpowering, and gave a nice robustness to the flavor. The potatoes were pretty well done that day, but they still needed help from the gravy.

For dinner, I fried up some ground beef, Italian sausage, then doused it in some Prego meat sauce and simmered it for a while. I boiled some penne pasta up then drowned it in some of the sauce and had some crescent roll rounds to fill it out:


The sauce was more meaty than saucy, and the penne just sucked up even more of the sauce, so it was more like a beefy mac. That said, it was still really tasty, and only could've been better if it was a chilly night, instead of in the beginning of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment