Thursday, June 28, 2012

A long time coming

Wednesday saw the office's long awaited return to Leonard's Barbecue. They have an outstanding buffet, that has a MWF and T-Th schedule. The MWF one is more of a southern cooking type, whereas the T-Th is a flat out bbq extravaganza. More of us prefer the southern one, due to their country fried steak, so we went there on Wednesday.


That's a mountain of mashed potatoes, a couple of pieces of country fried steak, some fried okra and a roll. Now double that pic (excepting the roll) and that's what I had to eat on Wednesday. There was no dinner that night, I was still working on lunch.

Their country fried steak is pretty much the best I've ever had. The gravy is good, but I prefer the cafeteria's and Paula Deen's over theirs. The fried okra was OUTSTANDING. It was, for me, perfect. Nice and crunchy, just the right amount of salt, but you still had the pop of the seeds inside. The potatoes were the weak link, once again. They had a great consistency, but they just didn't have any seasoning. It was tough to get them salty enough because of the gravy being on there you couldn't really mix it in. Their rolls are ok, they're similar to Sister Schubert's, but they're a bit too dense for my liking, so I usually only eat a half of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment