Saturday, June 16, 2012

Steak night

For Sunday, I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman with Mom, Sis and her boyfriend. I had a frozen coke and a pretzel there for lunch. I didn't get a picture of it, and it's probably for the best. But it was pretty tasty.

For dinner, I went with another flat iron steak and some zucchini. 


That steak is an outstanding cut each time I've had it. Full of flavor, very tender and usually only one little piece of fat that you can't really deal with. Which is surprising, because it looks like there's a large piece that runs down the middle that you'll have an issue with. But it has cooked down into almost nothing each time I've made one of these. And for usually around $6 or $7 at Kroger, that's a lot of meat for your buck. I highly recommend it.

The steak and zucchini were salted, peppered, a little bit of garlic powder and olive oil (on the steak). As the steak was almost done, I tossed a little bit of butter in there, and then some more on top of the zucchini. The rolls are Sister Schubert's brown and serve yeast rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment