Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pork Monday

Lunch Monday, I went with the cafeteria's pork tenderloin. I had them douse it in their gravy, and added some mashed potatoes with gravy, creamed corn, and a roll.


The loin was pretty good, but as usual, not a lot of flavor. Nice and tender and juicy though. The gravy helped with the lack of flavor problem. The potatoes were ok, but the corn was horrible. There's 2 predominant ways to do creamed corn, and I'd go so far as to say in my neck of the woods, it's about an 90/10 split on which of these gets done. You can either do it sweet (90) or salty (10). If you can't tell by the split numbers I've assigned, there is a preferred way. The cafeteria went with the salty route and it wasn't good.

For dinner, I went with baked pork chops and zucchini.


I've gotten pretty adept at cooking this, so the chops were very juicy, great flavor and tender. The zucchini was pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment