Saturday, June 16, 2012

It evens out, right?

For lunch, the cafeteria had their superb country fried steak. I was rather hungry, so I went with 2 sides, both potatoes and gravy (the other sides were stuff that I don't like, and I can't remember which ones).


The steak was good, as usual, but I'm going to have to get them to start putting some gravy on both sides. The crust is a little tougher than plastic knife is good for, and I'm afraid that I'm going to end up going through the foam container. Crust is great, otherwise, it's actually not too thick or crunchy, it's just the interaction with the container. The potatoes were ok, not very well seasoned, but not bereft of it as they usually are.

For dinner, I tried to even out the heart attack of a lunch with a baked pork chop, roasted zucchini and some corn:


The pork chop was very good. I went with my usual mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little bit of onion powder this time. The zucchini had the same, but instead of onion powder I added some butter as it was almost done. The corn just had some salt and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment