Thursday, June 7, 2012

The trip home

On the trip home, I only stopped to fill the car up. On the first mid trip fill up, it was lunch time, so I hit up old McD's and got some chicken nuggets and fries. No pic of them, as I ate them on the way. The nuggets were really good, and the fries, while tasty and fresh, weren't salted near enough for my taste. Which is probably a good thing for my health.

While we were out Saturday getting stuff for the party, Furey, Ike and I stopped to get the crab for the boil. The crab place also had scallops. I love scallops and have never cooked them, so I bought a couple pound of them. I left them in the freezer while I was there, and got one of those cheap Styrofoam coolers and a bag of ice to keep them frozen on the way home. It worked better than I had hoped, the ice was still mostly there after the 12 hr drive and the scallops were still mostly frozen.

I took the ones that had thawed out and ended up sauteing them as my searing of them didn't work out like I wanted. I prepared them in an olive oil, butter and garlic powdered concoction. As I didn't have any good veggies handy (did this after getting home and didn't feel like stopping to get any or going back out), I went with the instant potatoes (garliced them up too) and some biscuits:


They came out fairly well. Or very well, if you account for a first attempt ever.

2 comments:

  1. hooray for more seafood in your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seafood, I just don't have a lot of experience cooking it. Not living where I can get it REALLY fresh is a bit of a bummer.

    ReplyDelete