Sunday, May 13, 2012

Forgetful Friday

Thursday was Mom's birthday, so I took Friday off (as did she) and spent most of it with her. We went to lunch a Sweetpea's Table in Olive Branch, which is a country cooking place. And I forgot to get pictures of the food.

I went with the fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes, fried okra and a roll, while she did hamburger steak, pinto beans and ... I'm not sure what her other veggie was. She enjoyed the place, and said we'd have to come back and bring Dad (which I've been trying to get them to try the place for a while now). After that, I took her to see Dark Shadows (she loved the show growing up) and was curious to see the movie. I can happily say that we both enjoyed the movie. It was not as comedic as the previews made it out to be (more dark with lots of comedic bits as opposed to comedy with a few dark bits).

For dinner that night, I went with some friends to a local sammich / pizza place here in Hernando called Buon Cibo. Not my favorite place, but as I was still mostly full from lunch, I didn't have a problem with it. And I got really lucky, as the soup of the day was their potato soup. First time I got to try it, and it was pretty good, although it had no chunks of potato in it. At least not in the bowl I got. And yes, I forgot to get a pic of it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment