Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Junk Food

Tuesday was a day of junk food. To give some insight on my lunch selection, let me tell you about my movie watching preference. The theater I usually attend has some really good corn dogs. They also have frozen coke (Coke Icee / Slurpee for those that haven't heard of Frozen Coke). I usually get one of each of these, and eat the corn dog before the movie and work on the Frozen Coke before and during the movie.

This past weekend Marvel's The Avengers opened up to record breaking numbers. I'm part of the reason for that. I knew going in that the movie was two and a half hours long. And lately, my kidneys have been working on overdrive, so I didn't feel like testing them out by having my usual Frozen Coke before the flick started. For in order to get a decent seat, I'd have to be there very early. So, forewent my movie snack. Plus, I saw the flick twice this weekend, on Friday with my friends and took Mom and Sis on Sunday. If that doesn't tell you how much I liked the movie, well, tough luck.

So, today I gave in to half my craving and went with a corn dog for lunch, from the cafeteria:


It's not as good as the ones at the theater, as the cafeteria uses frozen ones that they then deep fry, where as the theaters are freshly made, I think. And by that I mean they're not as uniformly done up as these are, I've seen a LOT of variation in their thickness and overall presentation. But these are pretty good, the deep frying definitely helps the corn dog out, as opposed to baking in the oven or (gasp) nuking it in the microwave. Their fries are pretty good also, but they usually have a hard time keeping salt on them, without flat out wiping them in it.

For dinner, my buddy Jesse was partial to BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings) so I went with some Honey BBQ boneless wings and potato wedges:


They did a good job in dousing the "wings" in sauce and the wedges were cooked pretty well. All in all one of the better dining experiences from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment