Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More Mexican and a Birthday

Saturday evening we celebrated my friend, Kevin's, birthday. One of his favorite restaurants is On the Border. For those playing along at home, let me do some math for you: Saturday was Cinqo de Mayo, and we went to a Mexican restaurant. Luckily, we 1. went early enough, 2. it was Musicfest weekend here in Memphis, and 3. OtB happens to be doing a month long celebration for the holiday, so we got in without a problem.

For my dinner, I chose the Ultimate Fajita as I was very hungry. And it was surprisingly good and filling:


The steak was just ok, as were the shrimp. The chicken was really good and the pork was outstanding. I'm usually not used to getting stuffed at a Mexican restaurant, as I don't like beans or Mexican style rice, but I got pleasantly stuffed on this dish.

Afterwards, we hung out at Greg and Linzie's and had some cake and ice cream for Kevin's birthday:


It was a chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and some kind of chocolate and peanut butter moose tracks ice cream. They were both really good also.

No comments:

Post a Comment