Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mardi Gras

Not really as in the celebration, but let's face it, the French can make most things sound better in their language than in English. Fat Tuesday begins with a snack for lunch, I had a piece of fried chicken from the cafeteria:


It looks pretty good, but this was in that area I talked about in the other post where it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't really all that Good. Lots of crust, not much flavor in it, nor in the meat, but the meat was cooked really well, nice and juicy.

I had no idea what I was going to do for dinner, and had about given up on the idea. I was almost home, when it struck me, I'd hit up the old Waffle House. So, I did, and got my usual, which is a waffle:


It was pretty tasty, the lady didn't over cook it (I don't like my waffles in the crunchy neighborhood) nor did she undercook it. The other part of my meal was a chicken sandwich and some hashbrowns:


As you can see by the pic, I was so looking forward to it, I dug into it before remembering the picture. So, I did the best I could and turned the munched on bits away, sorry if it's too graphic for you all.

The hashbrowns were ok, I couldn't get them salty enough, but the chicken sandwich was pretty much as good as WH can get it, mostly why I had ate a third of it before the pic was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment