Sunday, May 20, 2012

Friday Rice

Friday, was a short day at work. I went home and then started playing Diablo 3, in earnest for the first time. I had piddled around in it earlier in the week, but now I had a Lot of time to devote to it, so I did. I looked up somewhere around 5:30 or 5:45 pm and discovered that it had gotten that late. So, I tossed some emails out to see if the usual Friday gang were doing anything, and we weren't. So, I went back to work on D3 some more. An hour or so later, I decided that I was indeed hungry and needed to work on that. So I got some of the frozen shrimp out of the freezer and tossed them in some warm water to thaw up, and tossed some rice in the rice cooker.

Yep, Monday's Bad Idea time had finally come.

So, I attempted to make some shrimp fried rice.

I let the rice finish cooking, then tossed some olive oil into the frying pan, and then some butter and garlic powder. I then added the shrimp (forgetting to de-tail them). Once they were good and mostly done, I went to get the rice out of the cooker. And discovered that I had, once again, over watered it, yay me.

So, I got as much rice as I could mange into the frying pan, and didn't get anywhere near enough salt or soy sauce while I tried to cook it.


This is what I had, and it was actually almost tasty, more so than it had any right to be. I think next time I try this, I will just get Andrew to do the rice part for me, then I can fry it up well.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome. I hope you have better luck with it than I did.

    ReplyDelete