Sunday, May 20, 2012

Meatballs, Pt 3

Well, third time's the charm, is how the old saying goes. And in this case, it was correct. This was my third attempt at making meatballs, and they turned out great:


I did a pound of Italian sausage and a pound of ground beef, a bunch of garlic powder, some onion powder, panko bread crumbs, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper and an egg. Mixed that all together for a while till it seemed pretty homogeneous, then balled them up and stuck them in a pan that I had spread olive oil and some garlic powder into. I then doused them in Prego Meat Sauce and tossed them into the oven on 335 for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Now, that's a fairly sweet tomato based sauce, if you like your "gravy" not as sweet, feel free to use some other brand or make your own. I'm not that comfortable yet to make my own. Oh yeah, fair warning, these suckers fill the house up with the most amazingly tasty aroma as they're cooking.

As they were finishing up their cooking, I tossed what was left of the ziti I had into some salted boiling water and once they were done, I tossed some meatballs and sauce on top of them:


That meal was amazing, some would even say "amazeballs".

No comments:

Post a Comment