Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Monday Meat and Potatoes with a guest star

Monday was a meat and potatoes kind of day. I started it off with having that for lunch, from the cafeteria. They had some rotisserie chicken, which I teamed up with the potatoes and gravy, and today's guest star, some corn:


Their chicken comes in quarters, so it was a breast and wing, which I had attacked before remembering to get the photo.

The chicken was ok, the flavor managed to penetrate into the meat fairly well. The corn was really good and the potatoes were just ok, but the gravy managed to save them, as usual.

For dinner, I cooked a beef roast in the crock pot. This is what it looked like when I was leaving for work:


And I forgot to get an after photo of the whole thing. But, I whipped some gravy up from its juices and some instant potatoes to accompany it:


The gravy was nice and thick and REALLY rich, more so than I intended, but still tasty. And here's what was on my plate for dinner:


It was great and I was stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment