Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fried Chicken and Five Guys

Tuesdays are Fried Chicken days in the cafeteria. Unfortunately, they NEVER have the proper side dish for fried chicken, which here in the South, is mashed potatoes and gravy. They have rice and gravy, and some kind of au gratin potatoes or something else that just doesn't go well with it, so I usually skip the chicken. However, I was fairly hungry on this Tuesday (see the Dump Day post for my lack of a filling dinner), so I went with a white meat portion, which is a breast and wing. All connected like:


It might not look that great in the pic, but they usually do a pretty good job on their chicken. The breading/crust is VERY flavorful and tasty, and if you get there fairly early, you've got about a 70/30 chance of the meat having gotten the flavor into it, where as if you go later in the afternoon it's more of a 30/70 chance. I was on the upper end of luck today, the meat was just about as tasty as the crust.

Not a very nutritious lunch, I know, but I was treating it more like a snack, as I was going to be having a burger and fries from 5 Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner that night. And not only did I plan to, but I actually stuck with it.

You can make an account on their website and then order early and schedule your pickup, and pay for it online, thereby skipping the (sometimes really long) line. They also have an app for both Android and iDevices. I downloaded that bad boy and tested it out, and I'm happy to report that it worked like a champ. Burgers (picked one up for Jesse also) were ready when I got there and just had to wait a minute or two on the fries to get done, which gave me plenty of time to get the drinks ready. And, as I alluded to in the previous post, I forgot to get pictures of the delicious Bacon Burger and fries. But I assure you, it looked good and tasted even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment