Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I tried to be good

I had planned on having a salad for lunch today. But, I kept going past the salad area to the hot food area. And there it was, staring at me. I knew at that point I was doomed, so I got into the stupidly short line there (it's usually the longest and was the shortest today). It was chicken fried steak day.


I've gone on about how good the cafeteria's brown gravy is, and how it enhances whatever it's draped across. Well, their chicken fried steak is almost always good. I think this is only the third or fourth time I've been in there when they've had it, and it's been at least good each time. And then add that stuff to it. Nope, salad never had a chance against this. The potatoes were pretty good today also.

For dinner, there is no picture, not because I forgot, but because I ate it on the way home. I stopped in at Chick-fil-a and got a #1 combo (Chicken sammich no pickles, fries and a Sprite). It was good. I've not been to one in a while, as I had hit that point where you eat something so much, it kinda loses that great taste that made you like it in the first place. I'm happy to report, that didn't happen this time, it had that same great flavor that made me love their chicken in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment