Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New York Style Pizza

When it comes to pizza, most people fall into 2 categories: Thin or Thick crust. I'm pretty firmly into the latter category. I love lots of tasty thick crust and a ton of flavorful mozzarella cheese. But occasionally, I like a nice bit of New York style thin crust pizza. As I was watching Bones the other night, Booth brought such a pie to Bones for dinner as she was working late in her office. It put the taste for that into my brain. So, yesterday for a late lunch / early dinner, my friend Jesse and I ventured to Johnny Brusco's New York Style Pizza to so I could quench that craving. There used to be one of these just around the corner from his place, which I ate at fairly regularly (usually a Stromboli, mmmm) but it's been closed now for a few years. But there is one on Germantown, not too far from where I work. I ordered a medium (12") with sausage and pepperoni. As usual, I forgot to get a pic of it when it was first brought to the table, but as I didn't eat the whole thing, here's what it looked like in its box back at the house:


Was it as good as I was hoping it'd be? No, but most things you have a craving like that for aren't. It was good though, as you can see I did eat half of it. And I will probably finish it off for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment