Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beef Roast

I'm a sucker for meat and potatoes. One of my favorite dishes (seriously like top 5, maybe 3) is a good beef roast with some nice thick gravy and the old reliable side dish of creamed potatoes. I'm sure I could eventually get sick of eating this for every meal, but I don't like to think about how many months or years it would take.


The preparation of this bad boy was browning it in a skillet in the morning, then tossing him into the crockpot. I dumped some salt, pepper, rubbed sage, meat tenderizer, Worcestershire sauce and Dale's seasoning sauce in there with him. Then left him alone while I went to work.

After getting home, I attempted to pull him out of the crock pot and he came out in pieces.


Then the juices were poured into a sauce pan and turned into this luscious gravy:


Tossed some corn into the bowl with a little extra water and butter and salt, and then the creamed potatoes and Sister Schubert's to finish the meal out in tasty style:


I love this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment