Monday, April 9, 2012

The Old Reliable

Tonight's dinner was a staple dinner in my "diet" (and I mean that in the sense of what I eat, not trying to watch what I eat) for a LONG time. Tonight's meal was the first time I've had it ... probably at least this year so far, which 4 and a half months is a LONG time for me to have not had it.

Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and gravy.

I went with the fairly standard Tyson nuggets.

These nuggets are ok. They aren't the best I've had, unfortunately, every time that my favorite nugget type shows up in a store, it's never around for long. But if I luck up and ever find them again, now that I've got this here blog, I'm putting a pic of them up, so you all can benefit from my YEARS of formed chicken nugget taste research. Hmmm, wonder if I can get a grant to pay me back for all that.

Anyway, on to the potatoes and gravy. It occurred to me that I've shown you the before and after on the main dishes, but not on my instant potato technique. Well, I've got the during and after shots for you tonight, maybe one of these days when I feel really saucy I'll get you a full post on them, maybe with video.

Hungry Jack Instant Potatoes are what I go with, and the gravy for tonight is McCormick's Brown Gravy:

I did fine on the potatoes and got the gravy a hair too thin, basically I rushed it and had to let it sit for a little while longer to thicken up properly. Luckily, you can't tell that from this pic:


So, there you have it, nuggets and potatoes, this used to be my go to meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment