Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A couple of dinners

Hey there! There was only one meaningful meal on Tuesday, and I forgot to get a pic of it. I met a couple of buddies at one of the Huey's in the area. And with all the talking and such, I just forgot to get a pic of my VERY delicious Steak Stick Dinner. This is basically a steak, cut up into chunks and impaled on 3 skewers. Served atop a bed of steak fries. It's usually seasoned/marinated well, it's just the quality of the steak bits are sometimes a bit ... chewy, shall we say. This was not a problem this time, they were outstanding.

For tonight's dinner, I roasted/baked some chicken breasts. I seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder, buttered them up, tossed them in a 450 degree oven for about 20 mins, then turned it down to 325 for about an hour.

 I finished off the english peas from the other night and whipped up some potatoes to go with them.


A couple of them will probably be had by my roommate for lunch and/or dinner tomorrow, and one other one (lower right hand corner) and the juices will be used to make some chicken dumpling soup hopefully this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment