Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A birthday dinner and an oops

I just realized I forgot to talk about the other part of Monday's food extravaganza. I made "pigs in a blanket" for the office, and then about half the office didn't show up. =P In their defense, they had very valid reasons for not showing up, and it was only two people, but that is just about half the office.

Most people think of pigs in a blanket as a pancake wrapped around a breakfast sausage link, and while that is perfectly valid, it's not my version of pigs in a blanket, which I learned from Mom. Nope, our are little cocktail sausages wrapped up in half a biscuit, like this:


and like this:


One packet of cocktail sausages takes about 2 cans of biscuits (well the 10 count biscuits), and they look like this when they're done:


The ladies I work with love these things.

So, that catches us up on Monday, so now on to tonight.

Today was Dad's birthday, the big 62. I had offered to take the family out to dinner (Dad's choice) for his birthday, but as he's been sick with a cold for the last week or so, he decided that he'd rather stay in and cook some steaks on the grill. So, I stopped by good old Charlie's Meat Market and got steaks for everyone. Here's how mine looked once Dad got done with it, and I got done with preparing my potato:


It was good, but not one of the best steaks I've gotten from there. That said, Dad did an excellent job, as usual, in its preparation and cooking, it just wasn't a great steak. That said, I'll be finishing it for lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. your example is exactly what I think of for pigs in a blanket. that I now want. grr.

    ReplyDelete