Monday, April 30, 2012

Saturday at the Crack House

Saturday was a pretty decent lazy day. I hung out with Mom, we went to Cracker Barrel, then watched Captain America and Mission Impossible 3.

At the Crack House (as we affectionately call Cracker Barrel), I had my usual, which is to say: Chicken Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes (both of those doused in their country gravy), fried okra, and dumplings. You've gotta love a place that has chicken broth drenched biscuits as not only a side, but a veggie.


This was an outstanding lunch. It was better than it's been prepared by them in a long time. The weakest part of the lunch was the dumplings (which have already been eaten in that photo so the okra could take their place), and since you don't see the dumplings, that should tell you they weren't bad. The okra was the best I've ever had at a Cracker Barrel. Not the best I've had period, but pretty high up there. The chicken filet was cooked well and seasoned well, as was the gravy.

2 comments:

  1. damnit now I want fried okra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that frozen okra isn't too tough to cook, and I generally prefer it to the Crack House's. Just heat some oil up in a skillet and go to town on that stuff. Although a deep fryer is a bit easier, but generally takes a little longer for all that oil to heat up.

      Delete