Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Steaks


I've told you how I love beef roast, pork tenderloins, and chicken. Well, here is another of my top foods: Steak.

I've cooked a few of these and I've gotten pretty good at it, at least on the stove. Haven't done one on the grill yet. And to be honest, here's the guides I've done my steak cooking by. Both are by Daniel Howell, who WoW fans might know better as Big Red Kitty. This man is an outstanding WoW player and a hilarious (albeit sporadic) blogger. Check his stuff out. Anyway Guide 1 and Guide 2. I sometimes go by one, the other or mix and match stuff. I normally go with #1, personally.


This was the first one I ever made, it's a filet mignon from Charlie's Meat Market (another FB link), and I followed #1. I love a medium rare steak, and I don't have a problem if it's a little bit on the rarer side of that:


Here is another steak I did.
Before:


After:


And here's the last one I made, I tried to do some zucchini like they do at the japanese places (and was mildly successful):

 

2 comments:

  1. OMG! There is something green that isn't garnish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. INORITE?!!? I really dig the hibachi grilled / fried zucchini squash, I hope that I can get the technique down for it.

    ReplyDelete