Sunday, April 8, 2012

Saturday Night Steak Dinner

For Saturday night, I prepared myself and my roommate a couple of steaks, filet mignon. I did the old skillet method that I went over in the previous steak post. And much like that one, here's some pics:

Steaks oiled, salted and peppered:

Now that they've been prepped, onto searing them!

And now that both sides have been seared, they get to finish cooking:

And once that was done, here's what was on C's plate last night:

Yep, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, english peas and some crescent rolls. The steak was outstandingly tender, and everything else was pretty good too.

2 comments:

  1. Did you wrap those filets in bacon or was it one of those prewrapped jobs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butcher shop I buy them from wraps them in bacon.

      Delete