Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blogger Fail

Welp, another few days have slipped through my grasp. I did eat, but not a whole lot. And even worse, I forgot to take pics of everything I did eat. So, to catch you all up to me...

On Thursday, I had some Red Lobster for dinner. I went with the potato soup for the starter (not a big salad fan, I know that's a shock). The soup is usually REALLY good, second only to Outback's potato soup (which is nigh impossible to get around Memphis anymore, they never serve it when I go) but this day's soup was the worst I've had from there. That's not to say it was the worst I've ever had (that still goes to O'Charley's which used to be good, but the last 4 or 5 times I've had it, stretched out over about that many years, it's routinely bad with the potato chunks pretty much ice cold and the soup luke warm) but it wasn't very good. The potato chunks had the texture of over microwaved potatoes and the soup wasn't very warm. It was just warm enough, but the flavor was good, so I pretty much avoided the larger potato chunks. The biscuits were outstanding, as usual. I ordered the ultimate feast, which consisted of a split lobster tail (it was ok), shrimp scampi (over cooked, but good flavor), steamed crab legs (cooked well, but not a good set of legs), and fried shrimp (outstanding). I went with mashed potatoes for the side, and they were pretty good.

Friday, I had Mexican for lunch. It's a little restaurant my boss found shortly after they arrived in the Memphis area called Salsa. According to him, it's more like a Californian style Mexican, instead of the Tex-Mex style that most places around here serve. Either way, it's pretty good, and that's from someone who's not a big fan of Mexican. I'm pretty basic, give me a tortilla with some seasoned meat stuffed in it. Keep your beans and rice and most of the vegetation. I get the #3 combo almost every time I go there, which is 3 tacos. They use shredded beef instead of ground, and it has a wonderful seasoning. Then they drench is in finely shredded lettuce, a bit of their salsa and then sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese (or a Parmesan-like one). Veddy tasty.

For dinner that night, I grabbed a corn dog and frozen coke at the movie theater when we went to catch The Raid: Redemption. It was good, better than the last one I got. And if you find yourself in the mood to see a solid action flick, find The Raid.

Today, I had some of my leftover chicken dumpling soup for lunch. Takes forever to warm up in the microwave (somewhere around 6 mins), but was worth it. And for dinner, I went to another Mexican place with my friends Greg & Linzie and David. As I wasn't too hungry from the late lunch, I went with some beef nachos (minus the melted cheese, due to the lactose intolerance thing and lack of lactaid to counteract it). The nachos were good, but between the late lunch and the massive quantities of tea I had, I wasn't able to do much more than moderately dent the pile of them.

So, that's pretty much caught up, hopefully I'll be able to remember to get some pics tomorrow and the following days, so it'll be a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment